Re: [StrongED] Re: StrongEd unusable!

In message <55df63f116Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <55df626dbariscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In article <55df58c7c7Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Torrens (lists)
> > <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I have a huge problem. I was using 4.70a9. It was fine, with only
> > > an occasional wrinkle. But then it crashed when closing a window.
>
> > > So I reverted to 4.69. Same problem! I tried 4.70a11 - this also
> > > crashed whenm closing a window. But I had copied over some modes.
>
> > > I have done the obvious things, like resetting (many times),
> > > swiching off for several minutes and even loading a saved CMOS.
>
> > > I have now just downloaded and installed a completely fresh
> > > !StrongED, !StrED_cfg and modes. 4.70a11. I still get the same
> > > error on closing a window and "Describe" usually gives "Abort on
> > > data transfer" &202E165C
>
> > Conceivable there is corruption in the Boot Scrap Directory. Open it
> > and remove StrongED directory to a temporary directory on your hard
> > disc and try to run StrongED again.
>
> I hadn't thopught of that - but no, it doesn't affect anything.
>
> I also removed the scrap dir and strongDump and did a reset. But...
>
> I hasn't said it's on an ARMX6 and I was fiddling with Alignment
> Exceptions - and that seems to be the problem. They need to be turned Off.
> I had them On!
>
> I suspect a rather big bug?

Possibly but, based on your description, I not convinced it's a bug in
StrongED. The abort address seems to be in the RMA so it may be a module
that's going wrong. Perhaps a utility that keeps track of open windows?

I'm running 4.70a11 on an ARMiniX with Alignment Exceptions turned on
and haven't seen this problem. Neither on the RPi3.

Could other ARMX6 users out there please try this and see if it's a
general problem?

What does a *Where after the abort report?

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20