[StrongED] Re: StrongEd unusable!

In article <55df626dbariscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <55df58c7c7Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Torrens (lists)
> <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have a huge problem. I was using 4.70a9. It was fine, with only
> > an occasional wrinkle. But then it crashed when closing a window.

> > So I reverted to 4.69. Same problem! I tried 4.70a11 - this also
> > crashed whenm closing a window. But I had copied over some modes.

> > I have done the obvious things, like resetting (many times),
> > swiching off for several minutes and even loading a saved CMOS.

> > I have now just downloaded and installed a completely fresh
> > !StrongED, !StrED_cfg and modes. 4.70a11. I still get the same
> > error on closing a window and "Describe" usually gives "Abort on
> > data transfer" &202E165C

> Conceivable there is corruption in the Boot Scrap Directory. Open it
> and remove StrongED directory to a temporary directory on your hard
> disc and try to run StrongED again.

I hadn't thopught of that - but no, it doesn't affect anything.

I also removed the scrap dir and strongDump and did a reset. But...

I hasn't said it's on an ARMX6 and I was fiddling with Alignment
Exceptions - and that seems to be the problem. They need to be turned Off.
I had them On!

I suspect a rather big bug?

--
Richard Torrens.