[StrongED] StrongEd unusable!

I have a huge problem. I was using 4.70a9. It was fine, with only an
occasional wrinkle. But then it crashed when closing a window.

So I reverted to 4.69. Same problem! I tried 4.70a11 - this also crashed
whenm closing a window. But I had copied over some modes.

I have done the obvious things, like resetting (many times), swiching off
for several minutes and even loading a saved CMOS.

I have now just downloaded and installed a completely fresh !StrongED,
!StrED_cfg and modes. 4.70a11. I still get the same error on closing a
window and "Describe" usually gives "Abort on data transfer" &202E165C

It makes me relise how much I use SE! I'm lost without it!

Nothing else seems affected. Any ideas?

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats