Re: [StrongED] Italic Font required at 4.70 Choices selection

In message <13732bd055.Iyonix@-.->
          Ron <gettingchoppy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <ceb36ecf55.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>           Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <b948eac755.Iyonix@-.->
> >           Ron <gettingchoppy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry if this has already been discussed.
> > > Selecting a bitmap font is not successful unless the Italic font sprite
> > > is present. Copying the Regular to Italic and things appear to work OK.
> >
> > The cause is that one of the syntax colouring groups has its style set
> > to 'Italic' and the selected bitmap font not having that style.
> >
> > The 'official' solution is to find the group that has 'Italic' defined
> > and change it 'Regular', but copying the 'Regular' style to 'Italic'
> > also works. :-)
> >
> > I'm considering though to keep the bitmap font but substitute 'Regular'
> > for 'Italic', instead of reverting to the system font as is done now.
> >
> Looking again at this today I had some unusual things happen and the
> proper fix (editting UsePrefs.Modes.TaskWindow.ColoursSTD) is the
> cleanest.
> Perhaps a 'real' bug is that using the  Mode Choices > Colours window
> does not allow the changing from italic to regular.
> It seems to be only able to reflect the manual change I mentioned.

Changing the font style using Mode Choices > Colours should work. If it
doesn't then it's indeed a bug. Just tried it on 4.70a11 and it worked
for me.

> > > Nothing else unusual to report regarding 4.70a11 so far.
> >
> > Ah, that's good. Have you tried Delete in a TaskWindow yet? First
> > character should be delete-able again.
> >
> Yes that is working fine, and lightens my load a little so any
> particular F12 app/method works the same.

Thanks, good to know it's working properly.

> I'm still thinking that the way forward would be to have a version of
> Olly Betts LineEditor module that could take input from BASIC or C
> to do, for example a ^K.
> I haven't experimented with writing to the keyboard buffer, Can
> you/anyone see any problems with that approach?

A quick test shows that it works but you're limited to c-X style
keycodes, combinations with Shift can't be used.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20