Re: [StrongED] Italic Font required at 4.70 Choices selection

In message <ceb36ecf55.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
          Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <b948eac755.Iyonix@-.->
>           Ron <gettingchoppy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Sorry if this has already been discussed.
> > Selecting a bitmap font is not successful unless the Italic font sprite
> > is present. Copying the Regular to Italic and things appear to work OK.
>
> The cause is that one of the syntax colouring groups has its style set
> to 'Italic' and the selected bitmap font not having that style.
>
> The 'official' solution is to find the group that has 'Italic' defined
> and change it 'Regular', but copying the 'Regular' style to 'Italic'
> also works. :-)
>
> I'm considering though to keep the bitmap font but substitute 'Regular'
> for 'Italic', instead of reverting to the system font as is done now.

Looking again at this today I had some unusual things happen and the
proper fix (editting UsePrefs.Modes.TaskWindow.ColoursSTD) is the
cleanest.
Perhaps a 'real' bug is that using the  Mode Choices > Colours window
does not allow the changing from italic to regular.
It seems to be only able to reflect the manual change I mentioned.

> > Nothing else unusual to report regarding 4.70a11 so far.
>
> Ah, that's good. Have you tried Delete in a TaskWindow yet? First
> character should be delete-able again.

Yes that is working fine, and lightens my load a little so any
particular F12 app/method works the same.
I'm still thinking that the way forward would be to have a version of
Olly Betts LineEditor module that could take input from BASIC or C
to do, for example a ^K.
I haven't experimented with writing to the keyboard buffer, Can
you/anyone see any problems with that approach?

I like the 10x20.X font, It would be interesting to see it in use in
the filer/system as well.
The Iyonix display with my LED monitors is better than the Raspberry
but I still get outline fonts with non uniform thicknesses, and a less
solid look than with CRT monitors.

Here in NZ the winter was warmer than usual and combined with the loss
of my old style budget internet I find I am doing not too much on
computers, but plug away where I can.
Thanks,  Ron M.