[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [StrongED] Italic Font required at 4.70 Choices selection
- To: StrongEd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [StrongED] Italic Font required at 4.70 Choices selection
- From: Ron <gettingchoppy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 10:54:45 +1200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=date:from:to:subject:message-id:references:in-reply-to:user-agent :mime-version; bh=gA32eJnleoIAB4R1DrBAZH3zZjo44WNi5wiFsz+N26Q=; b=w3zhpZqnmOoU7kgvjURYAQKKQheLEeM4+llb3OB+57fMpawoaFk1eNCvocNHDc1Z9p DVni9747zeVdZ6E3C/9pQ+IfxmhcyOs8GU10hPvSErocJtIjZUyDD5WupWrcQxd8uDkd zZO52D6kbTV4XMs/9AjYgU4a+CmqCJbwVe1AM6BuagM9Fxep+YsLWc+qwiYLshLMdTen D5D0jaTahPBNkCHJqr4JIAnZXD3zly9FIhyHdl4tL6788+fR0DiugFkIFmO6yjVqNPc/ mm2sXZZ4InjGpADku0jn7i4cIR5QfZ6QDHQuiQkJKs4ozMFdAsnZRDAfs1ruOkRSoY1e MPvQ==
- Envelope-to: StrongEd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-id: RISC OS StrongED mailing list
- References: <b948eac755.Iyonix@-.-> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: StrongED@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Messenger-Pro/1.00c (MsgServe/1.00a) (RISC-OS/5.22)
In message <ceb36ecf55.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <b948eac755.Iyonix@-.->
> Ron <gettingchoppy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sorry if this has already been discussed.
> > Selecting a bitmap font is not successful unless the Italic font sprite
> > is present. Copying the Regular to Italic and things appear to work OK.
> The cause is that one of the syntax colouring groups has its style set
> to 'Italic' and the selected bitmap font not having that style.
> The 'official' solution is to find the group that has 'Italic' defined
> and change it 'Regular', but copying the 'Regular' style to 'Italic'
> also works. :-)
> I'm considering though to keep the bitmap font but substitute 'Regular'
> for 'Italic', instead of reverting to the system font as is done now.
Looking again at this today I had some unusual things happen and the
proper fix (editting UsePrefs.Modes.TaskWindow.ColoursSTD) is the
Perhaps a 'real' bug is that using the Mode Choices > Colours window
does not allow the changing from italic to regular.
It seems to be only able to reflect the manual change I mentioned.
> > Nothing else unusual to report regarding 4.70a11 so far.
> Ah, that's good. Have you tried Delete in a TaskWindow yet? First
> character should be delete-able again.
Yes that is working fine, and lightens my load a little so any
particular F12 app/method works the same.
I'm still thinking that the way forward would be to have a version of
Olly Betts LineEditor module that could take input from BASIC or C
to do, for example a ^K.
I haven't experimented with writing to the keyboard buffer, Can
you/anyone see any problems with that approach?
I like the 10x20.X font, It would be interesting to see it in use in
the filer/system as well.
The Iyonix display with my LED monitors is better than the Raspberry
but I still get outline fonts with non uniform thicknesses, and a less
solid look than with CRT monitors.
Here in NZ the winter was warmer than usual and combined with the loss
of my old style budget internet I find I am doing not too much on
computers, but plug away where I can.
Thanks, Ron M.
To unsubscribe send a mail to StrongED+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
List archives at http://www.Torrens.org.uk/RO/StrongED/index.html