Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.70a10 available

In message <mpro.odztxr006hnac00eu.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris Newman, on 23 Sep, wrote:
>
> > In article <e92abbc355.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>, Fred Graute
> > <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > In message <a94ea0c355.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> Fred Graute
> > > <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>

> [snip]
>
> > > To make sure load your BaseMode [1] and check if it contains the
> > > following sections:
> >
> > >   CaretPlacement BackwardGoto
> > >           Origin      Top
> > >           Offset      -5
> > >           Force       Off
> > >   End
> > >
> > >   CaretPlacement ForwardGoto
> > >           Origin      Centre
> > >           Offset      -5
> > >           Force       Off
> > >   End
> >
> > > If not, then add them and save the ModeFile. After that clicking in a
> > > LoF should move the cursor again. It seems this was left out of the
> > > 4.70a10 announcement.
>
> [snip]
>
> >  Did a search for "placement" & "offset" & they were not found so
> > presumably the relevant sections are missing. I'll add them
> > Does it matter where they go in the file?
>
> This file shows the placing :-
>
> se470a10/zip.!StrongED.Defaults.Modes.BaseMode.ModeFile

That's a very sensible suggestion, but for the CaretPlacement sections
it doesn't matter where they are in the ModeFile as they don't depend on
anything else.

The general rule for ModeFiles is: if X depends on Y then make sure that
Y is defined before X. Eg search expressions must be defined before they
are used.

The problem of no CaretPlacement section being defined should be fixed
now. If no sections are defined in mode and BaseMode then default values
will be used. The defaults have been chosen such that the behaviour is
very similar to previous versions.

BTW the next release, with this fixed, should be out later today.