Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.70a10 available

In message <a94ea0c355.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
          Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <55c3949481cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris Newman <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In article <f5197daf55.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > The tenth alpha release of StrongED 4.70 can found on the website:
> > > http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/releases/se470a10.zip
> >
> > > This version brings some new features and some changes to existing
> > > features. A number of them are marked WIP (Work In Progress) and require
> > > more work before they become fully usable.
> >
> > If I do a search using the List of Found window, in previous versions (eg
> > 4.69f9 on my Virtual Acorn), if I click on a bit of highlighted textn in the
> > list it's found, the cursor jumps to that place in the text I was searching.
> > This no longer seems to happen.
>
> That functionality is still there and it's working in 4.70a11, I'd have
> to check 4.70a10 but I'm sure it worked there too as I use LoF a lot and
> would notice anything going wrong very quickly.
>
> > Have I inadvertantly changed something or is this a glitch in 4.70a10?
>
> There is a change in 4.70a10 that affects where the cursor is placed
> when it jumps to another location. Perhaps this is catching you out,
> check carefully if the cursor really stays in the same position.

Had a look at 4.70a10 which worked fine. Next I removed the sections in
BaseMode that control cursor placement and the cursor didn't move when
clicking in a LoF so that seems to be the issue.

To make sure load your BaseMode [1] and check if it contains the
following sections:

  CaretPlacement BackwardGoto
      Origin      Top
      Offset      -5
      Force       Off
  End

  CaretPlacement ForwardGoto
      Origin      Centre
      Offset      -5
      Force       Off
  End

If not, then add them and save the ModeFile. After that clicking in a
LoF should move the cursor again. It seems this was left out of the
4.70a10 announcement.

[1] Iconbar menu -> Open config -> BaseMode ModeFile
    or Ctrl-Adjust click on iconbar icon