Re: [StrongED] filetype &000

In message <5c94989955.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fred Graute  wrote on 2 Jul:
>
> >> This produced a "StrongEd may have gone wrong" error message. I said
> >> Continue.
>
> > More details about errors are always useful, in particular the abort
> > address as then I can see where things went wrong and possibly fix it.
>
> I checked Syslog (for Wimp and StrongEd messages).  Unforch, the error
> did not get logged.

If the error window has a 'Describe' button then you can click on that
the get more detailed information, which usually includes the abort
address.

For more information, open a TaskWindow and enter the command *ShowRegs
This will output the register values at the time of the crash which can
be used to try and diagnose the cause.

Another useful command is *Where which will try to find which module an
address is in. Not much use for StrongED (not a module) but very handy
for, say, StrongHelp and other module(task)s.

To get errors logged to SysLog you need to have the WimpLog module
loaded. www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~theom/riscos/othersoft.html