[StrongED] Re: filetype &000

In article <559867c136list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <398c669855.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Chris Johnson  wrote on 3 May:

> > > When this happens, do a *show File$Type* in a task window. This
> > > should list all the filetype number/name associations. Does this
> > > include all the normal filetypes?

> > It's happening again today: files saved from StrongEd appear in
> > directory with filetype &000 and length 0 -- and I'm lucky to notice
> > it, lest my work be lost.

> > So I do   *show file$type   as Chris suggests.  The result is an
> > empty list!  What is the meaning of this?!

Aaaah no! Ignore my previous note.
Chris said to do
    *show file$type*
but if you did
    *show file$type
you will get nothing displayed.

The asterisk on the end is vital to indicate 'followed by anything'.

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader

--=20