Re: [StrongED] Re: filetype &000

Chris Johnson  wrote on 3 May:

> In article <99267d7a55.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Might well be something with the OS or Filer rather than StrongEd,
>> because sometimes "Set type" from the Filer menu behaves oddly:  if
>> I try to set type to, say, "Text" or "Obey", it fails; but can
>> successfully set type to "&fff" or "&feb" -- which of course
>> translate to Text and Obey.

> When this happens, do a *show File$Type* in a task window. This
> should list all the filetype number/name associations. Does this
> include all the normal filetypes?

It's happening again today: files saved from StrongEd appear in
directory with filetype &000 and length 0 -- and I'm lucky to notice
it, lest my work be lost.

So I do   *show file$type   as Chris suggests.  The result is an empty
list!  What is the meaning of this?!

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk