> On 25 Jun 2016 as I do recall,
>           Fred Graute  wrote:
>
> > In message <b379f39455.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Harriet Bazley <harriet.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> > It looks like the error comes from awk. Does the Reporter commands log
> > show that awk is being called?
>
> The last set of commands issued come from !ScriptSED.Languages.awk and
> include the command "gawk -f <StrongED$Script_Script>
> <StrongED$Script_Infile> > <StrongED$Script_Outfile>"
>

> I'm wondering now if some kind of automated UnixLib-type translation is
> going on with the parameters to change an underscore for a string sign....

Yes, that's what I was thinking too. The information you provided shows
that you are using Duncan Moore's port so I grabbed a copy and ran some
tests with it. Result: works just fine.

> All I can find is the command
> Set UnixEnv$gawk$nonametrans ""

That's it, UnixEnv$gawk$nonametrans was unset here so I set it and lo
and behold I got the same error as you. There are two ways around this
problem:

 - Unset UnixEnv$gawk$nonametrans but that may cause problems when gawk
   is called by another program.

 - Add 'Do' in front of the gawk command in !ScriptSED.Languages.gawk so
   that the actual filenames are passed instead of system variables.