Re: [StrongED] gawk script fails

In message <b379f39455.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Harriet Bazley <harriet.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23 Jun 2016 as I do recall,
>           Fred Graute  wrote:
>
> > In message <3388a69455.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Harriet Bazley <harriet.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > When I attempt to use one of my existing awk scripts via the toolbar icon, I
> > > get the error "can't open source file <StrongED$Script$Script>" -
> > > unsurprising as all the references I can find in the !ScriptSED app are to
> > > <StrongED$Script_Script>!
> > >
> > > Reporter doesn't show any reference to this system variable being set/used
> > > either - where should I look?
> >
> > Have you looked in UserPrefs.Tools.!ScriptSED.Languages ? If there's no
> > error inside ScriptSED then that's the most likely source for the error.
> >
> Thanks for the reminder that there are two parallel !ScriptSED structures!
> Unfortunately I can't actually see any StrongED$Script$Script inside either
> of them....
>
> It's very odd, because there's no trace of the command with
> StrongED$Script$Script anywhere in the Reporter commands log.

It looks like the error comes from awk. Does the Reporter commands log
show that awk is being called?

If so, add the following lines to !ScriptSED.languages.awk

  Do Report <StrongED$Script_Script>
  Do Report <StrongED$Script_Infile>
  Do Report <StrongED$Script_Outfile>

That should show what parameters are being passed to awk.

Another thing to check is awk itself. There have been a number of ports
some which are quite old now and may no loger work correctly on modern
hardware. I tested mawk from PackMan on an ARMiniX and that worked fine.

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20