Re: [StrongED] OSCLI question

In message <55800f95d8bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Bob Latham <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I was mistakenly under the impression that pointing R0 at a path string
>with a text file as the leaf name would be the equivalent of double
>clicking the file. If I double click the file it will load into StrongEd
>which is already loaded or if not loaded, will load it and then open in it.
>
>Not so OSCLI. OSCLI always loads another copy of StrongEd and gives the
>warning that it is already running.
>
>Is there an easy way around this to get the same effect as a double click.

I believe the standard way to achieve this is to start up a task which
broadcasts a DATALOAD message (see page 3-253 of PRMs) with R1+44
being the address of a zero-terminated string holding the pathname
of the file; and, in your case, R1+40 holding &FFF.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/

--=20