Re: [StrongED] filetype &000

In message <99267d7a55.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some days, whenever I save a file from StrongEd it appears in the
> directory with filetype &000.  Pain.
>
> Haven't managed to suss what causes this.
>
> Might well be something with the OS or Filer rather than StrongEd,
> because sometimes "Set type" from the Filer menu behaves oddly:  if I
> try to set type to, say, "Text" or "Obey", it fails; but can
> successfully set type to "&fff" or "&feb" -- which of course translate
> to Text and Obey.

StrongED uses OS_FSControl 18 and 31 to convert hex filetypes to names
and vice versa. If resolving filetype names to numbers fails in StrongED
_and_ the Filer then something seems to be wrong with your system. Does
it affect all filing systems or just a specific one?

When you enter a filetype name in StrongED's SaveBox does it find the
corresponding hex number? If you enter a hex filetype does the right
filetype name appear?

StrongED Developer
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/

--=20