Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.69f9 crash on Spell Checking

In message <mpro.o22qw500ev2ig00xi.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've just broken StrongED 4.69f9 (31-Jan-2016).
>
> On the Raspberry Pi, Select clicking on the spell check icon errored. There
> was something about the text I was working on that it didn't like, an
> apostrophe perhaps but not that alone, other texts were OK.
>
> The error, StrongDump and simplified test piece are at :-
>
> http://www.pittdj.co.uk/temp/se469f9.zip
>
> 4.70a9 is OK.

Ouch, this is a bit embarrassing. There already was a note in the 4.69f9
source about a potential problem:

  LDR  R8,[R5,#tlof_rdnext%]  ; (FG) can r8 be -1 here?
                              ; (FG) must check as I had an abort here!

In 4.70a9 there is:

  LDR  R8,[R5,#tlof_rdnext%]  ; (FG) can r8 be -1 here?
  CMN  R8,#1                  ; (FG) must check as I had an abort here!
  Beq  rt07a                  ; (FG) YES, it can!

Clearly this fix should have been backported for the recent update but
that obviously didn't happen. The bug happens whith LoFs that have the
'mark text' option set, LoFs for spelling errors have it on by default.

Thanks for the report. I'll need to consider how to handle this.