Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.69f9 available

In message <mpro.o035li01i2sv203ed.pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Willi Theiss, on 28 Dec, wrote:

[snip]

> > With this release it seems that Shift Drag-ging a file into a
> > TaskWindow does no longer work. Doing it in a normal Text file does
> > insert the full path name of the file in the text - as expected.
> > I have compared 4.69f8 with 4.69f9 but could not not find any
> > difference in mode files which could explain the "new" behaviour.
>
> Shift-dragging into a SE4.69f9 TaskWindow works sometimes. The length of the
> fully specified file path seems to be a factor, too long and it does not
> make it into the TaskWindow.
>
> A very brief test would indicate 33 is too long.

Thanks to Willi for reporting this and thanks to David for providing a
vital clue!

In the fix to a flex block being leaked a single instruction hadn't been
updated. This resulted in a failure to insert the filename if it was
more than 32 chars long. Updating that instruction fixed the problem.

So it seems 4.69f9 is not quite the last release of 4.69, there's at
least one more update to do. I have also found that the manual still
refers to the GPL even though 4.69f9 is under the BSD licence.

Oh, and I also still need to give a rundown of the updated and new modes
in 4.69f9 (it's such a lot of work doing a 1200+ files release :-).

StrongED Developer