Re: [StrongED] Line selection instead of character selection

Good morning.

I'm back to annoy you again : I like the triple left mouse button shortcut to select a line.
I can select several lines if I click with the adjust button at the end of the last line in my selection.
Is there another way ? I mean : yes I'd start with triple left mouse button but sthing more convenient to do on the last line (but anywhere on this line, not only at the end) I want to select.

Sorry again for all these questions but it's a very long source I must modify, so I'd like to use StrongEd at its max for that.

Have a great week end.
And thank you again in advance.

Xavier.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

I think now I've got everything I need to more conveniently reorganise the sequence of ARM instructions in my routines to gain a few cycles.
It's a bit off topic, and maybe you knew it (to me it's a brand new info) it is possible to save some cycles in some specific conditions as detailed here, by reorganizing the sequence of ARM instructions in your code :
http://www.verycomputer.com/24_b0ac6730883ec9fe_1.htm
http://stardot.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9055&hilit=memc+behaviour&start=30

for your curiosity, I hope you'll find it interesting, I had never read that in any documents I own (from the PRM to the Cockerell's book or the VLSI datasheets where if it is written, maybe, it's for experts and I'm not one).

Thanks again for your help, and Merry Christmas.

Best regards,
Xavier.

In message <CAFztDOkiK9stVtvSWRxmJt3Z9z1piNxN4B=rgZySqBQy515F+g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Xavier Louis Tardy <xltardy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I mean is that the selection wouldn't need to be precisely on
> characters, but that the selection can be more graphical/pixel oriented, ie
> only a few pixels in the line(s) would mean the whole line(s) is/are
> selected ?

You can achieve this by starting the selection on the first character on
a line and then moving the mouse up/down.

The keyboard can also be used:

 - Place cursor on first character. Hold down Escape and move cursor
   up/down. Release Escape when done.

 - Place cursor on first character. Press F6 then move cursor up/down.
   Press F6 again when done.

StrongED Developer

Xavier Louis TARDY
Mél : xltardy@xxxxxxxxx (Mode de correspondance préféré)