Re: [StrongED] Re: StrongHelp crashes on launch

On 14 Dec 2015 as I do recall,
          Martin  wrote:

> In article <e5e6983155.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Harriet Bazley <harriet.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I wonder if my download somehow got the manual corrupted:
> > !Reporter.HelpData is 179368 bytes here.
>
> That is the length of the v2.71 help file, dated 12:40:25 04 Dec 2015.
>
> Have you tried deleting/renaming it and copying again from the zip file?

Now that you mention it, I remember that I did - after reading the
!!ReadMe!!, which instructs "If v2.60 or later, just drag !Reporter from the
zip and drop over your old version to update it" - copy !Reporter over the
top of the old version rather than first deleting the latter....

> Talking of zip - what are you using to read the zip?

I used the read-only SparkFS.   Trying again with Infozip, after first
deleting the copy of !Reporter on disc....

It doesn't seem to make any difference.   Bother.

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Let a fool hold his tongue and he will pass for a sage.