Re: [StrongED] Re: StrongHelp crashes on launch

In message <553191194alist01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin <list01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <dcc5ed3055.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Harriet Bazley <harriet.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've been having problems launching StrongHelp from other apps (I tend
> > to resort to finding a handy StrongED window and clicking on the
> > left-hand icon in that).
>
> > This has shown up again with the new version of Reporter, where
> > clicking 'Help' from the menu or even running <Reporter$Dir>.!Help will
> > reliably crash StrongHelp on launch if it isn't already running.
>
> As you say, the Reporter module just does a
>     Filer_Run <Reporter$Dir>.!Help
> which does a
>     Filer_Run <Obey$Dir>.HelpData.Reporter
> which should just start SH if not running, and open the manual.

I'm just wondering if Harriet is hitting the Obey bug that was fixed in
5.23 (or was it 5.22). That would explain why running StrongHelp from
Reporter fails but works from StrongED (which runs <StrongHelp$Dir>
using Wimp_StartTask).

Harriet - if you replace Reporter's !Help file with a BASIC file that
contains:

  OSCLI "Filer_Run <Reporter$Dir>.HelpData.Reporter"

Does that work for you?

StrongED Developer