Re: [StrongED] A mystery.

On Thu, December 25, 2014 10:14 pm, Peter Young wrote:

> On 25 Dec 2014  Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure whether this is a StrongED problem, or a VRPC one, but I
>> thought I'd ask here first. This is with StrongED 4.69, on VRPC with
>> RISC OS 4.02.
>
>> Without my having done anything, as far as I know, to cause this
>> happening, every time I start up VRPC StrongED shows me the contents
>> of !NewsDir's !Boot file, just as if I had this file on the screen at
>> the last shut-down, which I don't have. Im struggling to know where to
>> look to remedy this, but all I can say is that the AutoSave
>> directories in both StrongED and StrED_Config contain only the !ReadMe
>> files.
>
>> Not a show-stopper, obviously, but I'd like to prevent it happening,
>> if anyone can show me how.
>
> Even odder: I've just noticed that it's !Edit, which usually I don't
> touch with a bargepole, that shows this message, not StrongED, which
> latter is always run at start-up.

What do you mean by "message"? The contents of !NewsDir's !Boot file?

If so, what filetype does !NewsDir.!Boot have? It should be Obey, but it
sounds a lot as if it's lost that and is now Text (which is what VRPC's
HostFS defaults to, IIRC).

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/