Re: [StrongED] A mystery.

In message <2eb2bf7b54.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not sure whether this is a StrongED problem, or a VRPC one, but I
> thought I'd ask here first. This is with StrongED 4.69, on VRPC with
> RISC OS 4.02.
>
> Without my having done anything, as far as I know, to cause this
> happening, every time I start up VRPC StrongED shows me the contents
> of !NewsDir's !Boot file, just as if I had this file on the screen at
> the last shut-down, which I don't have.

So, StrongED is started as part of the boot sequence? What happens if
you quit StrongED and then restart it does that cause the file to open?

> Im struggling to know where to look to remedy this, but all I can say
> is that the AutoSave directories in both StrongED and StrED_Config
> contain only the !ReadMe files.

AutoSave would be the most likely cause. Beyond that a dodgy Shift key,
or some application sending it to StrongED is all I can only think of.

But thinking is a little impaired due to today's celebrations and a cold
so I'm gonna leave this for now and sign off by ..

> Best wid=shes to Fred, and to all, of the season,

.. joining Peter in wishing everyone a good Boxing Day and all the best
for 2015!

StrongED Developer