Re: [StrongED] TaskWindow in StrongEd 4.70a6

In message <7563c06254.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <89a28d6254.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <0448c06154.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Is that not just a simple 26/32bit split. Everything up to and
> >> including OS4.39 is 26bit without SO_HeapSort32.
>
> > No, I don't think it is. The preview of RISC OS 6 runs in 26-bit mode
> > but does have OS_HeapSort32. I've written a small utility to test if
> > OS_HeapSort32 is present and load CallASWI 0.03 if it isn't.
>
> I have installed Select 4i2, OS6.06, on a VRPC. It does have
> OS_HeapSort32, and sorting does work. A dummy CallASWI module 0.05 is
> in ROM. Attempted softloads of CallASWI abort.

It's taken a bit longer than anticipated but I've now got a utility that
checks for the presence of OS_HeapSort32 and to RMEnsure CallASWI 0.03
if the SWI is absent.

The first version didn't work as it used OS_SWINumberFromString to check
for OS_HeapSort32 but that doesn't find the SWI when it's implemented by
CallASWI. Now it calls OS_SWINumberFromString to see if it's in the OS,
and if not it just RMEnsures CallASWI as in an Obey file.

I've tested it successfully on OS5.21 (Iyonix and RPi), and OS4.02,
OS4.39 (Select 3i4) and OS6.0x (RO6 preview).

An update to StrongED 4.70a6 with the utility and a new Run file can be
found here: http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/misc/HS32.zip

If you could give it try and let me know if it works that'd be great.