Re: [StrongED] Occasional crash with StrongMen

In message <eec8516654.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12 Nov 2014  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <df98d06254.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> This occasionally happens here. I try to get up the StrongMenu by
> >> adjust-clicking at the left of the screen, and I get:
> >>
> >> 07 Nov 11:46:22 000 80000002: Error from (unknown): Internal error:
> >> abort on data transfer at &0000A33C
>
> > So far I have been unable to reproduce this, with an RPi in ARMv7 strict
> > mode. Is there any more information you can give about when it happens?
>
> > Has anyone else seen this bug?
>
> Sorry for the delayed reply, but I've been very busy. It happens
> totally at random, and always when I try to edit the StrongMenu file.

Just to be perfectly clear: the abort happens when you try to edit the
StrongMenu file, ie an Adjust click on the iconbar-icon?

Above you said it happened by adjust-clicking at the left of the screen,
was that incorrect or can that lead to an abort too?

> OPro is the one that most often locks the machine up.

It just may be that there are situations where OPro goes wrong without
crashing itself but the system is compromised in some way causing other
apps to fail. It would be helpful to know if the problem also occurs
when OPro isn't running.

> >> Following this, MPro's EmailEdit will let me edit, but won't let me do
> >> anything else, such as add a sig or even send the message; I have to
> >> re=boot.
>
> > Sounds like the Toolbox has gone wrong. The Toolbox is very nice but it
> > is quite susceptible to knock on effects from aborts. I get this a lot
> > when developing stuff using AppBasic, one error and all Toolbox based
> > applications disappear one after another.
>
> That's interesting, but presumably there's not a lot I can do about
> that.

No, but it's something to be aware of and make sure that there's no
unsaved data when a Toolbox based application has crashed as the rest
may go down too.

StrongED Developer