Re: [StrongED] StrongHelp 2.88a1 available

On Fri, November 7, 2014 12:18 am, Fred Graute wrote:
> In message <ecdcf76154.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>           Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In message <c138376686671f575ba54ab203b6df08.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           pdmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> I'll compare the two versions and see if there's anything I could use
>> improve my version.
>
> Done that now and the reduced use of Obey$Dir [1] is a clear improvement
but the changes to GetCountry I don't get. It tries to solve what seems
to be a non-existent problem and actually introduces a flaw.

> If AppName$Language & ResFind$LanguagesPref are unset and no resources
can be found for the configured country it falls back to UK. If UK is
there then the variable ResFind$LanguagesSuff will be ignored, which is
incorrect. UK should only be used as the final fallback.

I agree. It is redundant here and incorrectly promotes UK as you describe.
It turns out I was apparently solving a problem in one of my programs, but
in the wrong place.

> [1] I'd prefer if ResFind didn't use Obey$Dir at all. My copy of ResFind
insists that the AppName is given as a parameter and that AppName$Dir is
defined. This makes ResFind a lot cleaner.

Yes, I did mention in the comments in ResFind v3.00 that I thought its use
was still dubious, and let others decide whether or not to keep it in
ResFind.

Regards,

Pete Miller (pdm).