Re: [StrongED] TaskWindow in StrongEd 4.70a6

In message <c6ede26054.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <f11cdc6054.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>   David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <7bd3d26054.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
> >   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > [snip Kill All is a bit too literal]
>
> >> Thanks, could you grab a copy of the CallASWI module and see if it's a
> >> proper module. It seems ROL added a dummy v0.03 copy to Select which
> >> fools the check in !Run file. As it's nothing more than a header plus
> >> lots of -1's trying to call OS_HeapSort32 fails.
>
> > The two VRPCs have different CallASWIs, 0.03 and 0.05, both look the
> > real deal.
>
> >> Why this also happens on OS4.02 I don't know yet.
>
> > This OS4.02 has CallASWI 0.11 and also looks real. This is ROOL's
> > current version as found in their !System for pre-OS5 machines.
>
> Sometimes a bit of lateral thinking is required.

Indeed, well done!

> It is a little bit beyond my comprehension for the moment but if I
> kill CallASWI Kill All works on both OS4.39 and OS4.02.
>
> Hmm!!

Had a peruse through the Select change logs and it turns out that
support for OS_HeapSort32 has been added on 20 Aug 2004 (some time after
Select 3i4). Loading CallASWI > 0.02 means there's 2 implementations of
that SWI which may explain the abort. Why this also fixes RO4.02 is
beyond me ATM.

It might be easier to reinstate the internal HeapSort than trying to
find which CallASWI to use on what version of the OS, which looks to be
a fiddly job now.

The whole thing reminds of a catch phrase by a certain comic duo. :-(

StrongED Developer