Re: [StrongED] TaskWindow in StrongEd 4.70a6

Fred Graute, on 2 Nov, wrote:

> In message <45784a6054.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip startup fail on OS4.39]

> > Anyway it would seem to be the OS4.39 DA thing again, I had thought that
> > had gone away.
>
> As had I but alas it was still calling OS_HeapSort on 26-bit instead of
> OS_HeapSort32, even though StrongED now RMEnsures CallASWI 0.03 to make
> sure that it can call OS_HeapSort32 safely. :-(
>
> Anyway, I've uploaded a new RunImage for 4.70a6 that should fix this
> issue. Please give it a try and let me know if it's really fixed.
> http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/misc/ri470a6.zip
>
> The following issues have also been fixed:
>
>  - TaskWindow would abort when opened for the first time.

Both issues are fixed, StrongED 4.70a6 (02 Nov 14) now starts up properly on
OS4.39 VRPC and the TaskWindow opens on OS4.35 and OS5.21.

Unfortunately I found some new business on OS4.39 only, it is OK with
OS5.21, and this time it is not associated with the use of DAs on OS4.39,
they were disabled but the problem continued.

Open two or more files, open WindowList then Kill All.

03 Nov 09:33:36 100 ***Error***
03 Nov 09:33:36 100   Title    : Error from StrongED
03 Nov 09:33:36 100   Task     : StrongED
03 Nov 09:33:36 100   Message  : Internal error: abort on data transfer at
&022284E0
03 Nov 09:33:36 100

There is a StrongDump at :-
  http://pittdj.co.uk/temp/se470a6_2.zip