Re: [StrongED] RFC; Changing the choices system

In message <545211c92fcvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Newman <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <ef70055254.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <5451dc569bcvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Chris Newman <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Thank goodness you've explained that. I thought I was going mad!
>
> > It's always a good idea to raise any such issues here so that they can
> > be explained. It will also let me know about areas that can be improved,
> > be that by clarification in the manual or changing StrongED's behaviour.
>
> Don't know if you've ever used Powerbase, a shareware database for RISCOS

Yes, I've used but it was a long time ago.

> but in the iconbar "Preferences" there is the opportunity to save the
> settings in 1. the programme, 2.the database which is open at that moment or
> 3. for a particular user. ie you can define at which level at which your
> settings are implemented. Is that too complex a schema for all the different
> parameters available in StrongEd?

Actually my initial proposal is more complicated than the Powerbase
model, so the answer would be 'No'. :-)

The program level is similar to all modes, and database level is either
mode or text level. User level isn't suitable for StrongED, better to
have that at OS level.

StrongED Developer