Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.70a4 available

Fred Graute, on 1 Mar, wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The fourth alpha release of StrongED 4.70 can found on the website:
> http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/releases/se470a4.zip

Many thanks. So far it is working just fine on the Raspberry Pi, it just
needed changes in Mode Choices to use the new bitmap font naming system.

At this point I recommend stopping reading!

On VRPC OS4.39 on a Mac on select clicking StrongED's iconbar icon to open a
blank BaseMode window the window furniture arrived but writing area was
transparent showing the only the backdrop. The is no Alt-Break on this Mac
so VRPC had to be terminated from OS X. My first thought was that this was
just an entertaining eccentricity on the part of VRPC on the Mac.

I then tried VRPC OS4.39 on two Windows 7 machines, the first one worked as
I expected it to but to some surprise the second one showed the same bug as
seen on the Mac. The Windows machines do have Alt-Break which did stop
StrongED.

One difference was that the working Windows 7 VRPC had 64MB assigned whereas
the not working VRPCs were both set to 128MB, reducing both to 64MB had both
of them working.

Odd or what!!

There was no such issue with SE470a2. I tried using the System Font rather
than a bitmap but that didn't help.

--
David Pitt