> <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <53d750ea24riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
> >           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > No.
>
> > It seems like folding isn't working at all. This suggests that the
> > file doesn't meet the folding criteria. Function starts and ends
> > must be at start of line without indentation or linenumbers.
>
> You are absolutely correct - where Folding fails to work I had line
> numbers active in the BASIC files.

If you want folding to work with line numbers active then you'll need to
alter the Fold_Start and Fold_End expressions in the BASIC ModeFile.

Something like this should do the trick:

  Fold_Start   [LineNumber] "DEF"
  Fold_End     [LineNumber] "ENDPROC" | ("="*>) {[LineNumber] NL}+

> Although I consulted the SED Help file I couldn't find anything about
> the Folding criteria.

The folding criteria are dictated by the expressions used for folding.
To find out what the criteria are for a particular mode you'll have to
look at the FoldParm definitions in its ModeFile.

The expressions in BASIC mode require that fold starts and ends are at
the very start of a line. If they're not then folding doesn't work, as
you've found.

StrongED Developer