Re: [StrongED] Transient oddity.

In article <31ae02cd53.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <53cc7fe75fbrian.jordan9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <0c927ccc53.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > [Snip]
> >
> > > Select BTW doesn't seem to have a problem with the 'old' Transient
> > > being run early in the start-up sequence. Another ROL vs ROOL
> > > Toolbox difference?
> >
> > Peter raised the subject here after I raised it elsewhere. Transient
> > displayed this problem here on RiscOS 6.20 until I ran it late in the
> > start-up sequence.

> Ah, I see. It run fine here on RO 6.06 (IIRC) when placed early in the
> start-up sequence, maybe I was just lucky.

> I've uploaded Transient v2.07b which initialises differently in an
> attempt to avoid issues when it's being run early in the start-up
> sequence. Please give it a try and let me know how you get on.
> http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/misc/tr207b.zip

To check I still had the problem I just moved my existing !Transient (v
2.06) to be the first item to be run on startup. On restarting I
established the problem was still present so I replaced it with v 2.07b
and rebooted still with !Transient as the first item. I'm pleased to
report that it booted without any error messages. Thanks.

Brian

Brian Jordan
Virtual RPC-AdjustSA on Windows 8.1 Pro
RISC OS 6.20