Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.70a3 available

In message <466E5ACB-9783-4C87-82A1-61A8ED9C0BB6@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16 Jan 2014, at 23:15, Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <b90215cb53.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
> >          Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >> If you're referring to the abort when saving Choices then that problem
> >> has already been fixed. See further up this thread.
>
> > I tracked back top the last link and reloaded SE a3, installed fresh
> > config also but I have the same symptoms.
> > Maybe you haven't uploaded the changes yet?
>
> The changes should be in the next release, a4 that is.

That's right. I've made a fair bit of progress, the internal font format
should now be ViewFinder compatible again. The ViewFinder support code
has been updated too but needs testing - by someone else, no VF here.

Fastchars now supports all colour depths bar b&w (1 bpp), not a major
problem as that's unlikely to be used for the desktop.

Main thing left to do for 4.70a4 is to sort out error messages for font
files that are unsuitable. The error messages still refer to how the old
font files were handled. Once that's done there should be a new alpha.