Re: [StrongED] StrongED on a network

On 14 Jan 2014  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,

> Since Jim Nagel's question of couple of weeks ago on how to maintain a
> consistent setup across different machines on a network I've pondering
> on how this might be done. It doesn't seem too difficult be there are a
> number of ways of doing it and I would like to know if anyone has any
> specific features they'd like to see.

> Things like:

>  - How many network locations from where to read choices?
>  - Should storing choices always be done locally?
>  - If a network location is unavailable what to use for fallback?

I don't know if you use !Organizer, but this has recently been
provided with a "clone" facility, to keep two or more copies of its
data in sync. It can be used either by attempting to clone at the
start-up of the recipient copy, or can be done manually which is the
way I use it.

My 2p worth is to recommend doing cloning of copies of StrongED in
much the same way, so that Fred's point 3 above would be irrelevant if
a manual clone is being done.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--