Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.70a3 available

In message <3d1cefc853.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4704e6c853.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The third alpha release of StrongED 4.70 can found on the website:
> > http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/releases/se470a3.zip
>
> Don't you just love it when someone says thanks for the update but..

Actually I do. The whole point of test releases is to shake out any
bugs so if someone takes the effort to try a test version and report the
problems they find that makes me happy. If they're still grateful for
the release despite the bugs found, that's even better. :-)

> > Another change is that each bitmap font files only contain one sprite.
> > Previously a font file could have 8x8 and 8x16 inside it, such files are
> > now faulted. The option 'Use 8*8 in hires' no longer works, you'll need
> > to select an 8x8 font now.
>
> A bit of a snag or two I am afraid.
>
> On opening a window in SE4.70a3, up pops :-
> "Unknown bitmap font: 'FJG' in mode 'BaseMode'"
>
> This is because !StrongED.Defaults.Modes.BaseMode.Choices contains
> "Font_BitmapFont:FJG". In the new scheme of things this needs to be
> "Font_BitmapFont:08x16.FJG".

Yes, old mode choices files will need to be adjusted for 4.70a3. This
can be done in the same way as the Colours files a while ago.

> Trying to save the new bitmap fonts in Mode Choices gives a "branch
> through zero" error.

How did you save the Mode Choices? If by the above method, I tried that
on an Iyonix and it worked fine. Which compatability mode are you using
on the RPi?

> Thanks for the continued development.

Thanks for the bug report, and the support!

StrongED Developer