Re: [StrongED] StrongMen 1.27b2 available

On 15 Dec 2013  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <a304f5b953.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 8 Dec 2013  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> StrongMen 1.27b2 is now available for download from:
>>> http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/fjg/zips/strmen.zip
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> The problem: any attempt at running MakeTMP throws up the error
>> "Filing System SCSI: must be given  a name at line 51". As I don't
>> understand the MakeTMP BASIC file this means nothing to me!

> Line 51 attempts to canocalise the path passed to it from the StrongMenu
> file. The default path is '<Boot$Dir>.^.tmp' which normally points to
> the disc you boot from. It seems that MakeTMP is unable to canonicalise
> to path passed to it.

Thanks for the explanation.

> What do you get when you do '*Show Boot$Dir' in a taskwindow?

*Show Boot$Dir
Boot$Dir : SCSI::armini.$.!BOOT

> What is the exact line in the StrongMenu that calls MakeTMP?

That I'm afraid I can't remember, and I can't at the moment find the
right syntax in the Help file; I know I found it yesterday. However, I
get the same error if I double-click on !StrongMen.Tools.MakeTMP

I suspect I'm doing something wrong somewhere.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc W) and family