Re: [StrongED] mode file for Impression DDF

Fred Graute  wrote on 10 Dec:

> In message <9cdd7bb753.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The modes database has a very old one called CConcepts, but it seems
>> to predate the Document Description File that you get when you do
>> "save as story" out of Impression.

> The cconcepts mode modifies some of StrongED keybindings to match those
> used by Impression. It doesn't do syntax highlighting or folding.

Just out of idle curiosity, Fred, do you know how old this mode is?
I'm guesing it is from the early 1990s and that the ostensible date
2011 appeared only when you added a version number to it.

> Yes, I have a very basic DDF mode. Only provides syntax highlighting
> for commands inside '{}' and folding for style definitions. ...
> Anyway, the DDF mode and a short piece on how to create modes can be
> found here: http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/misc/ddfmode.zip

Many many thanks, Fred.  The "how to create modes" textfile is an
enlightenment for me.  Have never seen that before.  Who wrote it?
(File doesn't say.)

First para told me that "Strongmode" is a prerequisite, so I checked
the Modes database online and find that Strongmode is included in the
mode "Riscos", so installed all of that and got it working.

At first glance this DDF mode does exactly what I want.  Opening a DDF
file invokes the mode automatically, and I love the collapsed list of
style definitions.  I'll no doubt add my own tweaks over the coming
months, now that I have something to start from and a "how-to" file,
and will share it in due course.

This is a great Christmas present; thanks.  --jim

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk