>> In message <539d045079riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
>>   <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip a little]

>>> Inserting StrongED$WrapWidth = 132 in an HTML file overrides the
>>> figure in Softwrap in Mode Choices (wrapwidth figure of 132
>>> appears in the Information bar). This confirms Martin's earlier
>>> posting. If I insert the command string into HTML's ModeFile
>>> (with a comment prefix character... #) and saved in
>>> StrED_cfg.UserPrefs it gets ignored. What am I doing incorrectly
>>> please?

>> No, the setting in HTML.Modefile is not ignored, it is only applied
>> when that file is viewed. I have just tried it here and the
>> default StrongMode WrapWidth of 256 is overidden.

> This seems to conflict with what Fred has posted earlier. The plot
> thickens!!!!

I don't see any conflict. We are both trying to say when a setting in
a ModeFile has an effect, and when it doesn't. Perhaps I should have
said such a setting is not totally ignored, it would not have any
effect when looking at an HTML file but it does when the ModeFile
itself is viewed.

--
David Pitt
iMac rpcemu v0.8.9 RISC OS 5.21