Re: [StrongED] "wrapwidth" setting

In message <539d045079riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[big snip]

> Inserting StrongED$WrapWidth = 132 in an HTML file overrides the
> figure in Softwrap in Mode Choices (wrapwidth figure of 132 appears in
> the Information bar). This confirms Martin's earlier posting. If I
> insert the command string into HTML's ModeFile (with a comment prefix
> character... #) and saved in StrED_cfg.UserPrefs it gets ignored. What
> am I doing incorrectly please?

Hmm.. I not sure here. Maybe you've misunderstood.

Inserting StrongED$WrapWidth = 132 will only affect the file it's been
added to. So, adding it to the HTML ModeFile dictates the wrapwidth for
the ModeFile but not for any other files that you open, including HTML
files.

> When this command string is working should I expect the window to
> extend horizontally to this wrapwidth? This is obviously what I would
> like to happen but doesn't.

No, it will set the wrapwidth for the window to the specified value. As
David and Tony have already explained the window itself will be opened
at the width set in Global choices > Windows > View.

To make the window open at full width you'll need to add use the Onload
keyword and the FullView function as I've shown earlier.

> David and Tony's suggestions earlier on don't appear to work the way I
> expected. If I drag out a window for an HTML to WW=132 and save its
> Global choices > Windows > View it alters the setting I made for my
> TextFile.

The width set in Global choices > Windows > View applies to all views
being opened regardless of the Mode used to display them.

StrongED Developer