[StrongED] Custom file size limit

Occasionally I click on the wrong file which is so big there is a long
wait before StrongED finally reports 'not enough memory' and I get
control back.
My question is, is it possible to set a per file size limit so that the
quitting can happen earlier? I think  a size allowing for a whole
project of normal sized files could be catered for whilst still cutting
out on the very large files.

On the subject of opening large files, I noticed Bernard Veasey has an
app that quickly displays just the first portion of a large file.
I guess it only requires opening the file and then dumping the first
so many bytes. Writing some back, especially of a different size would
be a different kettle of fish.
Ron M.