Re: [StrongED] Re: "wrapwidth" setting

In message <539b77c7a5tim@xxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <79560b9b53.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Bazley
> <martin.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The following bytes were arranged on 15 Oct 2013 by Jim Nagel :
>
> > > How do I cause a certain textfile to open at width 132, without my
> > > having to manually tweak "wrapwidth" at the bottom of the StrongEd
> > > window every time?
>
> > Insert the string:
>
> > StrongED$WrapWidth = 132
>
> > somewhere in the first x bytes of the file (I forget what the limit is,
> > might be 1024 or something).
>
> [Snip]
>
> Filed under "learn something new every day". Cool.
>
> This prompts me to ask a similar question:
>
> I have some PHP files which contain an inordinate amount of HTML and I
> would rather edit those few in StrongHTML mode than PHP mode. I manually
> switch at the moment. Is there a similar variable I can place in a
> comment at the head of the files which will 'force' a PHP (or any) file
> to open in StrongHTML?

Yes, the variable StrongED$Mode. Set the variable somewhere in the first
1k of a file to the name of the mode you want, ie StrongED$Mode = HTML .

It's best to place it in a comment line so it doesn't upset anything
when it's read by a parser, compiler etc. Also note that there can only
be one such variable per line.

More information on text-specific configuration is in the manual:
'Manual -> Introduction -> Configuring StrongED' at bottom of page.