Re: [StrongED] "wrapwidth" setting

The following bytes were arranged on 15 Oct 2013 by Jim Nagel :

> How do I cause a certain textfile to open at width 132, without my
> having to manually tweak "wrapwidth" at the bottom of the StrongEd
> window every time?

Insert the string:

StrongED$WrapWidth = 132

somewhere in the first x bytes of the file (I forget what the limit is,
might be 1024 or something).

(You can prove to yourself that this works, if you're using Messenger
with an external editor configured, by replying to this post.  The
wrapwidth of your reply will magic itself to 132 without warning!)

Otherwise, you could define a new mode, identical to whatever mode it is
in all respects except for the default wrapwidth, and set its ModeWhen
file to include only the full pathname of whatever file it is.

--
  __<^>__   Red sky in the morning: Shepherd's warning
 / _   _ \  Red sky at night: Shepherd's delight