Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.70a1 available

In message <03597c9753.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <bb3a169753.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > The first alpha release of StrongED 4.70 can found on the website:
> > http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/releases/se470a1.zip
>
> I have installed SE4.70a1 here and put it in pole position, it has not
> done anything untoward.

Thanks David. I've now switched to 4.70a1 for my working copy so fingers
crossed.

> > The release comes with BaseMode and an updated version of Dump Mode.
> > All other modes can be downloaded from the modes database, they are
> > the same as those for 4.69.
>
> Just one small snag, a lot of the ColoursStd and ColoursAlt still have
> Style settings to the old CtrlTab bitmap, an error to that effect
> occurs on opening Mode view windows. I have had a clear out and reset
> all such settings to Regular both in Defaults and UserPrefs.

Yes, I've had to that here too. For those of you that run into this, the
quickest way to make these changes is probably:

 - Make sure that there's no files loaded into StrongED
 - Ctrl-Drag the Modes directory to the iconbar icon
 - Change Pattern to: *,**.colours*
 - Click 'Load directory'

 - Open the SnR dialogue box (s-F4)
 - Set Search to 'CtrlTab' and Replace to 'Regular' (without quotes)
 - Ensure Engine is set to 'Simple' and Scope to 'All'
 - Click 'Go' and then 'Replace all' in the what next window
 - Open LoW window (Ctrl-L) and click Menu -> Save -> Save Changed

> Thanks for the continuing development.

My pleasure. It's still fun to do. :-)

StrongED Developer