> In message <8b40838d53.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <d5c14e8d53.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>>   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> [snip]

>>> Does anything happen?
>>
>> lua scripts seem to be being applied by StrongED 4.69 without much
>> assistance from me. Is there really supposed to be a tool in
>> !StrongED.Defaults.Tools, or even !StrED_cfg.UserPrefs.Tools, because
>> there isn't here and it still works.

> The tool is ScriptSED which comes with the StrongED distribution. It's
> called by BaseMode when you drag a script to the Apply icon. You should
> have it too as otherwise you'd get an error when you drag a script in.

>> BTW It is a SHIFT-drag that is required.

> Yes, it's Shift-drag to substitute the current text and Ctrl-drag to
> create a new text for the output.

> Oh, and make sure the permissions for Process and Run are not set to 'N'
> in the ModeLock file or StrongED will silently ignore the drag.

I think the help that Gavin has given may well have identified where
the problem lies. It seems that none of the StrongED_Tmp system
variables are getting set. See:

*show StrongED_Tmp$*
*
*Show StrongED$Tmp_*
*
*Show StrongED$*
StrongED$Description : StrongED Text editor
StrongED$Dir : SCSI::armini.$.Editfiles.!StrongED
StrongED$ExportDir :
SCSI::armini.$.!BOOT.Resources.!Scrap.ScrapDirs.ScrapDir.StrongED
StrongED$Help : SCSI::armini.$.Editfiles.!StrongED.!Help
StrongED$OSVsn(Number) : 500
StrongED$Publisher : StrongED Developers
StrongED$ScrapDir :
SCSI::armini.$.!BOOT.Resources.!Scrap.ScrapDirs.ScrapDir.StrongED
StrongED$ScriptsDir : StrongED_Read:Tools.!ScriptSED.Scripts
StrongED$Title : StrongED
StrongED$UseDA : 0
StrongED$Version : 4.69f1
StrongED$Web : http://www.stronged.iconbar.com
*

But why? I've done a modest bit of customisation of my copy of
StrongED, but this was only adding three icons to the top bar of the
StrongED edit window (can't remember the proper name for this), and
adding the "Send" icon to the Sprites file, so that I can have a "save
and close" in all the windows. Something I've done must have affected
the failure to set the above variables, but I have no clue what that
might have been.

As before, any guidance would be most gratefully received, or might it
be better if I just reinstalled a "virgin" copy of the app, and then
did the customisation over again, but this time in stages to see what
might have caused the error?

With best wishes,

Peter.

--