> In message <8b40838d53.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <d5c14e8d53.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>>   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> [snip]

>>> Does anything happen?
>>
>> lua scripts seem to be being applied by StrongED 4.69 without much
>> assistance from me. Is there really supposed to be a tool in
>> !StrongED.Defaults.Tools, or even !StrED_cfg.UserPrefs.Tools, because
>> there isn't here and it still works.

> The tool is ScriptSED which comes with the StrongED distribution. It's
> called by BaseMode when you drag a script to the Apply icon. You should
> have it too as otherwise you'd get an error when you drag a script in.

I did a vanilla installation of StrongED 4.69 specifically to ensure
that all was up to date, present and correct, and so that no obsolete
stuff was left behind waiting to trip things up. User preferences were
then reapplied.

>> BTW It is a SHIFT-drag that is required.

> Yes, it's Shift-drag to substitute the current text and Ctrl-drag to
> create a new text for the output.

> Oh, and make sure the permissions for Process and Run are not set to 'N'
> in the ModeLock file or StrongED will silently ignore the drag.

Those two ModeLock parameters default to 'A', 'Ask', when the Mode is
first run in the new scheme of things. 'N's may give the original
problem. The vanilla installation ensured I had an up to ModeLock.

--
David Pitt
Raspberry Pi RISC OS 5.21