[StrongED] 4.69 vs 4.68 ModeFiles

In message <7807cf8453.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The following bytes were arranged on 1 Sep 2013 by Fred Graute :
>
> > StrongED 4.69 is now available from: http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/
> >
> > Please note that this is a minimal release that contains only BaseMode,
> > Other modes that you may wish to use have to be downloaded separately
> > from the website (Download page -> Modes database).
>
> I confess I've lost track of things a bit.  How compatible, overall, are
> 4.68-vintage ModeFiles expected to be with 4.69?  Some of mine are quite
> heavily customised.

I would expect most of them to just work. There a few things to watch
out for though. In particular use for StrongED sysvars as some of them
have been renamed:

  StrongED_Export$Dir   -> StrongED$ExportDir
  StrongED_Scrap$Dir    -> StrongED$ScrapDir
  StrongED_Settings$Dir -> StrongED$SettingsDir

You'll need to update any ModeFiles that use the old names. Beyond that
there are no changes, IIRC, that would stop 4.68 ModeFiles from working.

You might be missing some new features here and there. BaseMode 4.69 has
keyboard support for throwback windows added, C mode can list functions
using an advanced search expression that seems to do a bit better than
the built-in ListOfC.

Apart from fixing the sysvar names, I would suggest updating at least
BaseMode and C mode. All other modes can be done later or left as is.