Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.69b6 available

On 29 Jul 2013  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,

> The sixth beta release of StrongED 4.69 can found on the website:
> http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/releases/se469b6.zip

> A number of bugs have been found in 4.69b5 that were serious enough to
> warrant a new beta release.

> Because of this the stable release of StrongED 4.69 will be delayed by a
> week or two.

> As always, all feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Many thanks, and I've just got round to updating it, and many thanks
for the continued work. (Yes, I did do it properly, and transferred
over my adaptations after I got it running!)

No problem at all with the app, but I now have problems, I discover,
with the StrongHelp manual. If I try to search the manual, I get:

01 Aug 18:06:35 000 80000002: Error from StrongHelp: Internal error:
abort on data transfer at &206AD9C4

*where 206AD9C4
Address 206AD9C4 is not in any module

This only seems to happen with the StrongED manual (I can search
MPro's manual) and only on this ARMini; on VRPC searching StrongED's
Help does work; StrongHelp 2.87 on both machines. RISC OS 5.19 (16 May
2012) on the ARMini, BTW. Another oddity: after the crash, the file
!StrongED.Resources.UK.StrongED is still open, which makes it
impossible to use StrongHelp until I close it with CloseFiles.

Going back to the previous 4.69 beta, I now find I get the same crash.
Is it just me, and, if so, what am I likely to have done wrong,
please?

Oh, and what I was trying to search for was: what does "nearest" mean
with respect to the tabs setting? I discovered that this was set in my
HTML mode, but not elsewhere, and I'd never noticed this before.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc W) and family