[StrongED] Re: Illegal window handle in Taskwindow

In article <7f4e275553.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Unless I can reproduce it here it's going to be difficult to fix this.
> A couple of questions to try to narrow it down:

>  - Does the abort also occur if you double/triple click to select a
>    word or line?

No.

>  - Did the window have input focus before starting to select text?

That doesn't seem to make any difference. It happens either way.

>  - Was the TaskWindow still active? (When it's been killed to text
>    will have been switched back to BaseMode.)

Yes, it remains active. Also (part of) the selection remains in place.

>  - Does selecting text in any other mode produce an abort?

Yes. I just tried it in the (News mode) window I'm writing this text in
and in an empty BaseMode window opened with F11. There doesn't even have
to be any text to select. It's the mouse pointer itself reaching an edge
of the *screen* which causes the abort.

Drag the mouse out of the window (starting in *any* window), leave the
window while keeping the mouse button pressed and go to any of the four
edges of the screen and bam! The error is always reported as Message
from StrongED, even if the drag was started in a Filer window. It
doesn't occur if no StrongED window is open (or if I switch back to
4.67), so it's definitely StrongED 4.69b2 related.

The showregs output shows all zeros in every register (even R15!) after
such an abort, by the way, so even the register dump itself appears to
fail.

Regards,
Frank