Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.69b1 available

In message <b70fd94153.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 24 Apr 2013  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > No changes were made to BaseMode - all the issues were fixed by amending
> > the code.
>
> Excellent, and many thanks. However, a query and a bug report.
>
> The query: is the new version available from the website, and, if so,
> can I just replace the !RunImage of the previous version, so that I
> don't have to repeat my bits of customisation? I can't see which
> version I'm currently using because of the bug I've just discovered!

No, it's not on the website yet. Part of the work that has been done for
4.69 is to tidy up the redraw system. The code was still structured for
the two original redraw engines, system font (VDU) and Fastchars (DSA).

The code for the new redraw engines (outline fonts and ViewFinder) was
somewhat bolted on. Most of the work has been done now but there's still
a few bits that I'd like to move around so it's more clearly structured.

A new version will be uploaded once done, probably this weekend.

> The bug report: I think this is with the original 4.69b, and is on an
> ARMini running RISC OS 5.19, 16 May 2012. It's 100% reproducible here.
> If I try to access Info from the icon bar menu, I get:

Thanks for mentioning this, I think I have it fixed now - no ARMv7 here
so can't be entirely sure.

StrongED Developer