Re: [StrongED] ToggleBD 1.01 available

On 8 Mar 2013, Tony Moore <old_coaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7 Mar 2013, Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <36aab72753.old_coaster@old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
> >           Tony Moore <old_coaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > > Using RO6.20, on a RiscPC, and 4.39, on RPCEmu, the hotkeys (Left
> > > Ctrl, Left Shift) toggle the backdrop front/back, as expected.
> > > However, on RO5.19 (29-Oct-12), on RPCEmu, although the hotkeys
> > > bring the backdrop to the front, they won't send it back. Other
> > > hotkey combinations have the same effect. (On RO5.19, StrongED's
> > > ctrl-pgup/pgdn, work correctly.)
> >
> > After some two hours of messing about I finally managed to get
> > RPCEmu to work on my Win7 laptop, running RO 5.19 (05-Mar-13),
>
> I've just downloaded that version of the ROM but, when RPCEmu starts,
> I see 'Application may have gone wrong...', so it seems that I also
> need to upgrade the RO5 boot. This, I find to be a tedious business
> because of customisation of the previous boot, so it's now on my list
> of things to do later...
>
> > and ToggleBD works fine. Hotkey combinations of Ctrl, Shift and Alt
> > are all good, Logo and Menu keys not (probably because they aren't
> > passed on to RISC OS).
>
> ... meanwhile I'll take your word for it!

I've now updated my RPCEmu installation to RO5.19 (10-Mar-13), and the
latest available !Boot, which seems to be dated 27 Nov 2012, and I'm
pleased to confirm that, if Behaviour is set to 'Lower if not at back',
ToggleBD now works correctly.

However, if Behaviour is set to 'Raise if not at front', ToggleBD does
that, but the toggle action doesn't return the backdrop to the back.
This is not a problem, because the other setting works, but I'm curious
as to why there should be a difference when, logically, one would expect
the same result.

Tony