Re: [StrongED] Re: Fresh 4.69a7 installation

In message <5684bd2153.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <36d4ae2153.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>           Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > What would be nice to have is for the viewers to be saved automatically
> > when you close a project, that way the current state could be preserved
> > across sessions. I'm playing with a few ideas but as yet nothing solid,
> > suggestions welcome!
>
> Use the existing save box with a selectable project save box icon.
> It would need to allow for a project fork, and the dragging of project
> files to a new location, and recording the newly forked project name.
> While saving, possibly warning of files that have been removed since
> the last loading of files.

Thanks for your suggestions but I feel they are a step too far ATM.
Right now I'm just considering how the LoW could be saved automatically
when you quit StrongED or shutdown the machine.

For this we need to know what files are part of a project and where the
LoW is to be saved. There has to be some way of recognising the LoW as
being a project file, perhaps a special comment at start of file or use
a different filetype. Once we have that we can think about more advanced
features such as those you've suggested.

> I think the saving the Lof's/Project would be done to Choices: and
> selected from the icon bar menu. This might also provide easier access
> to the project from another machine, though I'm not sure about how the
> actual files would get found and shared.

For access from a different machine you'd probably have to use the share
path on the local machine as well so that the paths stored in the LoW
are not specific to the local machine.

> Using F2 to text search the loaded files appeared to be very fast,
> maybe it is an advantage to have them loaded?

Yes, that's basically what StrongED is designed for. With all files
loaded it's very easy to search them, list all function definitions,
jump to function definitions (even when defined in another file).

> Once more than a few files are loaded, there is a stack of windows,
> maybe the ones that aren't being edited could be iconised before
> and after and still have the benefit of being loaded, but with less
> demands on the desktop space.

The LoW menu allows you to either hide or iconise windows. My own
standard practice when working on a project is to load all the files,
open LoW (Select click on second toolbar icon) then Ctrl-Shift-H to hide
all the windows. The view I want to work in is then double-clicked in
the LoW.

StrongED Developer