Re: [StrongED] Re: Fresh 4.69a7 installation

In message <e6f9271e53.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
          Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <dc8a1f1e53.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <0a50621653.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Getting back to fresh installation quirks, When I run a text file
> > > a new !StrongEd starts up each time, I'll look back, I've  have fixed
> > > this before, I'm just mentioning it as it might not be intended to
> > > happen that way as the default.
> > > My preference is to have hardwrap off by default because of it's
> > > trickyness, I'm getting better at fixing that one.
> >
> > I have found that using Run <textfile> will start up another instance
> > of !StrongEd, but Filer_Run <textfile> does the expected thing.
>
> As far as I know, this is standard RISC OS behaviour. When you Run a
> file the command associated with the filetype is executed, in this case
> Alias$RunType_fff which runs StrongED. The same happens when Running,
> say, a spritefile whilst Paint is running.
>
> Filer_Running a file is treated as if the file is being double-clicked,
> that is a Data_Open message is sent to all running applications. If non
> of them respond then Alias$RunType_<filetype> is used.
>
> > I might have missed something, but on the face of it, I dont think
> > running more !StrongEDs would ever be required.
>
> I do this quite a lot actually. My main copy of StrongED has its source
> files loaded permanently, so when wanting to work on another project I
> run a second copy of StrongED and load the files for the other project
> into that. When done I can just the second copy of StrongED without
> having to worry about the StrongED source files.
>
> Cheers,
> Fred.

OK, it is not causing any problem.
It sounds like each instance keeps it own index of files, which could
be useful.
I notice that after an unscheduled shutdown, StrongEd starts back up
with the previously open files. I haven't gone out of my way to stop
this as it seems reasonable behaviour.
One thing that I miss from Linux is the re-opening of a file at the
point it was last edited.
In the other direction, I miss StrongEd's simpler copy text method,
There is possibly hot keys to avoid the copy and paste, but ideally
would need to be set to the same as StrongEd's.
For example, in Linux I have set ctrl-F12 to open a terminal
so the expected thing happens.

Thanks Ron M.